SebinoExpress - Olivetana Abbey
  • Monasteries/Abbots
  • Olivetana Abbey

Franciacorta

  030 681 1009
  web

DESCRIZIONE

The Abbey was founded by the Cluniac monks, congregation of the Order of San Benedetto, around mid-11th century. In 1446, as requested by Pope Eugenio IV, the primitive Abbey was assigned to Olivetani monks. In the 16th century painters such as The Romanino, the Moretto, Lattanzio Gambara and Grazio Cossali engaged in the artistic activities of the Abbey; in the following ages painters such as Gian Giacomo Barbelli, Giovan Battista Sassi and others will contribute to the artistic works of the Abbey. There are also some wooden works of great value (such as the in-laid choir manufactured by Cristoforo Rocchi in 1480), marbled and ceramic works (as the decorations in the major cloister).

CONTATTI

Olivetana Abbey
Brescia 83
25050 - Rodengo Saiano
Brescia
030 681 1009

www.rodengosaiano.net/node/187